Kineto is engineered for success in delivering solutions that help mobile operators remain competitive as the industry rapidly shifts to IP-based communications services. The members of the management team were selected for their unique expertise in delivering successful products and services to mobile operators globally.
- Jeff Brown | President and CEO Jeff Brown joined Kineto Wireless in May 2009 as president and CEO. Previously, Brown served eight years as the CEO of RadioFrame Networks, a pioneer in delivering supplemental coverage and capacity through picocell and femtocell solutions. Before this, Mr. Brown served as chairman, president and CEO of Data Critical, a wireless health care communications company. He led Data Critical through their IPO in November 1999 and the company was subsequently sold to General Electric. Mr. Brown has extensive experience working in leadership positions for McCaw Cellular Communications, including the Wireless Data Division and Cellular Engineering. He has also worked with PacTel Cellular, Pacific Bell and AT&T. Brown earned a BA in Political Science from the University of California at Berkeley and an MBA from Golden Gate University.
- Martin Hernandez | Chief Financial Officer Martin Hernandez is Kineto’s Chief Financial Officer. Mr. Hernandez was previously president and COO of Rainmaker Systems, Inc., where he led the efforts that built a customer base of Fortune 100 companies including IBM, HP and Dell. Prior to that, he served as Rainmaker’s CFO and took the company public on NASDAQ . He has held global senior finance and operations roles with Silicon Graphics, at the time a $3 billion manufacturer of high-performance computing, visualization and storage solutions. Prior to Silicon Graphics, Mr. Hernandez held senior financial and operational management positions within Meris Laboratories. He received his CPA (inactive) while in the San Jose office of Price Waterhouse (now PWC). Mr. Hernandez holds a B.S. in Marketing as well as an MBA degree from San Jose State University.
- Ken Kolderup | Chief Marketing Officer As Kineto’s Chief Marketing Officer, Ken Kolderup is responsible for all aspects of the company’s market strategy. Mr. Kolderup brings more than 20 years of marketing and product management experience in the telecommunications industry to the company. Prior to joining Kineto, Mr. Kolderup led marketing for Jetstream Communications, the leading supplier of voice-over-broadband equipment to incumbent and competitive local exchange carriers. He also led product management and marketing for Edify Corporation, a leader in the interactive voice response market, and Centigram Communications, a leader in the voice messaging market. Mr. Kolderup began his career in product management at ROLM Corporation. He holds a Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering and a Master’s in industrial engineering from Stanford University.
- Rick Applegate | Senior Vice President, Global Sales Rick Applegate is senior vice president of global sales, responsible for the development, implementation and success of Kineto’s sales strategy. He has more than 25 years of experience in the telecommunications industry. Prior to joining Kineto, he was senior vice president of sales and marketing with RadioFrame Networks, focusing on radio access network products. Previously, he served in a variety of senior management positions, including vice president of sales at AT&T Wireless Services and vice president of sales and distribution for McCaw Cellular Communications. Mr. Applegate’s experience spans sales, marketing, information and management systems, customer service, finance and administration. He holds a Bachelor’s degree in business administration from Washington State University and has completed Stanford University’s Executive Program.
- Michael Cooney | Senior Vice President, Products As senior vice president of products, Mike is responsible for the product and program management, network engineering, QA and support functions. He brings nearly 20 years of engineering, strategy, business development, marketing and product management experience in telecommunications to his current position.Mr. Cooney came to Kineto from Tropos Networks where he was responsible for product management in the municipal wireless startup. Prior to Tropos Mike held a number of senior management positions at Tellabs/AFC during his nine year tenure, most recently leading product management and planning for the $400M wireline access division.Mike received his bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from Cal Poly and his M.B.A. from the Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania.
- Gary Sarson | Senior Vice President, Business Development Gary Sarson is senior vice president of business development, responsible for Kineto’s go- to-market strategy by developing the business and channel partners essential to commercialize its industry leading technologies. Prior to joining Kineto, he was Vice President of Product Management and Marketing at ProQuent Systems, a technology leader in wireless data services content management later acquired by Bytemobile. Before this, Mr. Sarson worked more than 15 years with Nortel Networks where he helped establish the global GSM wireless business, led all GSM marketing, product management and customer activity and launched successful new product lines. He also served as Vice President of Portfolio Management driving strategy across Nortel’s entire product line. Mr. Sarson brings a global perspective to Kineto having lived and worked in the UK, Canada, France and the USA.
- Rajiv Patel | Vice President, Engineering As Vice President of Engineering, Rajiv Patel leads the development teams responsible for delivering Kineto’s client and server software products. Mr. Patel brings more than 15 years of engineering and product development experience in the communications industry to the company. Prior to joining Kineto, Mr. Patel provided architecture and development expertise to Kestrel Solutions, a leader in cost-effective optical transport solutions. Mr. Patel began his career in engineering at Applied Signal Technologies, which specialized in collecting and processing communication signals. He holds an MS in Electrical Engineering from University of Michigan and a B.S. in Electrical Engineering from Penn State University.
Board of Directors
Bo Hedfors Chairman, Kineto Wireless
Rick Gilbert Vice Chairman, Kineto Wireless
President and CEO, Westell
Jeff Brown President and CEO, Kineto Wireless
Tench Coxe Managing Director,
Sutter Hill Ventures
Steve Goldberg General Partner,
Thomas Huseby Venture Partner – Oak Investment Partners, Managing Partner – SeaPoint Ventures
Kurt Hellstrom Retired, President and CEO, Ericsson